425m Monthly Mobile Users on Facebook
Four months after launching its platform on mobile, Facebook now has 425m monthly mobile users, and the platform is responsible for sending more than 60m visitors to apps and games, every month to apps and games. In January 2012, mobile visitors were responsible for more than 320m visits to mobile apps.
The figures are revealed in a blog post written by Facebook’s James Pearce. In it, the writer also reveals the growth that some apps have enjoyed. For example, BranchOut, a social-professional networking web app, is seeing more than 350,000 visitors from Facebook mobile every day. This traffic has grown by a factor of 20 since the start of the year.
Similarly, Diamond Dash, a native iOS game from German developer Wooga, is seeing more than 1.9m monthly visitors to its mobile app from Facebook. Daily traffic sent from Facebook mobile grew by a factor of three since Wooga integrated with Facebook Platform and implemented Single Sign On.
You can read the full blog post here.
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Facebook: “Facebook is the primary function of a smartphone today”
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live
- Join Us For Our Making Sense of Mobile Advertising Webinar