Last-minute Valentine's Day Getaways Boost Hotel Searches
The Hotels.com app saw a 22 per cent increase in searches over the weekend, as users hunted for last-minute Valentine’s Day getaways on their mobiles. Sunday 12 February was the app's busiest ever day, with searches peaking between 4pm and 10pm.
“We all know that Valentine’s Day is a busy time of year for hotel bookings, but this year we have seen a surge in searches just a few days before the big day, showing that people are using the apps to book spontaneous getaways on the go,” says Alison Couper, communications direcor at Hotels.com. “For people who lead hectic lifestyles it can be difficult to find the perfect present for Valentine’s Day, but with the Hotels.com mobile app you can still surprise your loved one and book the perfect hotel straight from your phone, quickly and securely."
The Hotels.com app has been downloaded over 4m times since its launch last year.
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Rob Thurner, Mobile Consultant, Author and Trainer Launches E-book
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live
- Registration Open for the Mobile Gaming & Gambling Summit