Spotify Positions Itself as a 'Platform' Ripe for Mobile Integration
Spotify CEO Daniel Ek told CTIA attendees that Spotify is a platform that mobile developers and service providers can integrate to enhance their own offering to customers. He also says the streaming music services has had "great discussions with carriers" in the US about offering more channels for users to connect with Spotify on mobile devices.
Ek didn't go so far as to say any deal with a US carrier was imminent, however. Spotify's "device agnostic" mobile strategy has helped spur growth, he says.
Spotify users in the US already listen to an average of 100 minutes of music every day and more than 700m playlists have been created in the few months the service has been available stateside.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live
- Time and Sprint Sign Mobile Content and Advertising Partnership